Have you ever wanted an unlimited pass to enjoy cruises whenever you want? If so, this deal may be for you.
Margaritaville at Sea has announced the Ultimate Paradise Pass, which allows guests to take unlimited, non-consecutive two-night sailings aboard its ship Margaritaville at Sea Paradise through December 29, 2023. It costs $899 and includes the ability to bring along one additional person for free, not counting taxes, fees, and port expenses. The vessel sails between the Port of Palm Beach in Florida and Freeport, Bahamas.
If you buy the pass it does come with some terms and conditions:
– The cruise must be booked between 24 and 72 hours prior to departure (1-3 days)
– The pass gets you the best available oceanview or interior stateroom, which will be assigned to you in the terminal at check-in
– The pass doesn’t include any taxes, port fees, port expenses, gratuities, fuel surcharges, or onboard expenses
– Pass blackout dates are: July 2, July 28, September 2, November 23, and December 31
– Passes are limited and are only available while supplies last. Once you’ve purchased a pass, you can book by calling 1-800-814-7100 no more than three days prior to departure. Upon reservation confirmation, you pay the $20 booking fee (per cabin) and then the taxes, fees, and port expenses ($94.40 per person).
Here’s the interesting part, owning a pass doesn’t guarantee a cruise booking, even on dates that are not subject to blackout. Reservations for pass holders are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Passholders must sail with a guest; if they sail alone, they’ll be subject to a $159 single supplement charge. However, the guest does not have to be the same person for each sailing.
Even as an avid cruiser, I’m not so sure this is something I’d personally jump on. You’re still looking at a $208 bill per sailing after paying the $899 fee for the pass. Then, you still have to pay for drinks on-board as alcohol is not included. The last time I sailed, a “fuel surcharge” was also being imposed, and you don’t see it until it posts to your onboard account. That can easily make the sailing upwards of $300.
With that said, this may be perfect for those who live in Florida and are huge fans of the Margaritaville brand.