Royal Caribbean International, among the world’s largest producers of live entertainment, unveiled the lineup of multisensory, original entertainment to come on the highly anticipated Wonder of the Seas. Befitting of the world’s newest wonder, adventure and innovation will come to life across the cruise line’s four signature and high-tech “stages,” air, ice, stage and water, with four new productions: “inTENse,” performed by the first all-woman cast in the open-air AquaTheater; “365: The Seasons on Ice” at the iconic ice skating rink, Studio B; “The Effectors II: Crash ‘n’ Burn;” and “Voices: An Intimate Performance on a Grand Scale” in the Royal Theater.
The talent of more than 100 world-class performers and technicians will meet cutting-edge technology within the enveloping, state-of-the-art venues synonymous with Royal Caribbean:
- inTENse – The AquaTheater’s first and mighty all-woman cast dials up the energy and intensity in the one-of-a-kind, open-air amphitheater with the deepest pool at sea. Awe-inspiring athleticism will be on full display for this high-octane show as the epic cast performs Olympic-level dives from as high as 55 feet, slacklining feats, tumbling, aerial acrobatics and more, punctuated by inspiring lighting and sound for a fully immersive adventure.
- 365: The Seasons on Ice – In the one and only Studio B, a unique story of the earth’s changing seasons is told through the artistic movement of champion ice skaters. Performers will embody the flow of time as their characters and their every move are accentuated by innovative projection mapping, colorful lighting and images, and sound, which transform the venue from one season to the next.
- The Effectors II: Crash ‘n’ Burn – Debuting later this year in the Royal Theater, Royal Caribbean’s very own superheroes – The Effectors: Captain Viz, Lume, Pixel and Reverb – return in an exhilarating, high-tech battle with their archnemesis Crash and his new sidekick Burn. The heroes will use their superpowers, based on artistic talents, performance skills and the unlimited power of creativity, to save the planet and edge out their rivals once and for all. The latest installment of The Effectors is bigger and bolder, featuring trailblazing applications of autonomous technology pioneered by Royal Caribbean.
- Voices: An Intimate Performance on a Grand Scale – The modern world of virtual communication fuses with the evocative power of live performances in an all-new style of musical production. The Royal Theater’s bespoke show, featuring a wondrous medley of music, singing and dancing, will underscore the unifying power of performance art.
In addition to Wonder’s original entertainment, a robust slate of live music throughout Royal Caribbean’s latest innovative ship creates the ultimate vacation soundtrack day and night:
- Live country music brings together the wholesome, southern hospitality experience at The Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar. The homey tunes are served up with brunch, dinner and late-night menus of southern staples and a collection of bourbon and American whiskeys.
- Vacation vibes are unmatched on Wonder’s vibrant pool deck, where guests can kick back, enjoy the pools, sip cocktails from The Lime & Coconut and groove to live Caribbean music, DJs and surprise performances throughout the day.
- Music Hall offers live performances every night for vacationers to rock out with a tribute band, keep it mellow with a jazz ensemble or dance like no one is watching with the Royal Caribbean house band.
- A Royal Caribbean fan-favorite, the Stowaway Piano roving pianoplayer plays their own twist on classic tunes wherever the piano can roll.
- Boleros heats things up with its Latin flavor, thanks to a six-piece band playing salsa, cumbia, merengue, samba and more.
- The English pub, Cask & Clipper, serves ales on tap alongside a steady stream of acoustic performances for a truly authentic experience.
- Accompanying an extensive menu of classic and signature cocktails, piano performers set the tone in the signature Schooner Bar.
Vacationers can set sail on board the world’s newest wonder as soon as March 4, 2022, when Wonder officially debuts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Adventures for all ages are on the horizon across dining, entertainment, thrills, technology and more on board, making Wonder the ultimate vacation. The highly anticipated ship sets sail to the Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale (March – April 2022), the Mediterranean from Barcelona, Spain, and Rome (May – October 2022) and back to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral (year-round starting November). For more details about Wonder, including sailings now open for bookings, visit Royal Caribbean’s website.